If you are in the market for a siding installation contractor in North Carolina or South Carolina, there are several things you should consider prior to signing any binding paperwork. After all, not all contractors are equal! Some certainly have better reputations than others, no matter where in the Carolinas you reside.
As you read the remainder of this guide, you’ll discover some helpful tips that will make it as easy as possible for you to choose a siding installer who is right for your project. Let’s dive into the top five things you should consider before making this major home improvement decision.
- Think about who you know – This might seem like an obvious tip, but really taking the time to think about who you know can help you find a reliable contractor! Whether you realize someone close to you has recently had siding installed (and loved the work their contractor did) or you forgot you actually have a home improvement professional in your circle, considering your friends, family, and acquaintances is key before any home repair job.
- Don’t hire without references – Even if you know the Carolina contractor you end up hiring through the grapevine, it is essential to obtain references before you make your final decision. Talking to real-life clients who have used the contractor’s services before is a surefire way to work out any kinks before your upcoming project gets underway.
- Know what questions you need to ask – While there are some universally important questions that all contractors should answer — such as how much they charge for labor and what their background is — it is also important to figure out which questions you, personally, need to ask. If, for example, you’re extremely eco-conscious, it will undoubtedly be crucial for you to find out how “green” your siding installer’s practices are.
- Find out how waste and debris are disposed of – Homeowners who don’t frequently do renovation projects often don’t think about this issue. But, it’s important to bear in mind that remodeling comes with quite a bit of mess in most cases. Before you hire a contractor to put new siding on your Carolina home, make sure you ask who will be responsible for disposing of the debris that is left behind. If you will need to take care of waste removal yourself, make sure you account for the price of a dumpster, or other removal services, in your total budget.
- Ask about materials – There are many different types of siding materials from which modern homeowners can select. It is wise to figure out which type of siding you’d like to have installed before you begin interviewing various contractors. This way, you can make sure the different crews you’re considering have experience with your material of choice. Most contractors have installed vinyl and wood siding, for example, but fewer have worked with fiber cement boards.
If you are ready to talk siding, contact the expert team at Hatch Homes at your earliest convenience. We know all types of siding, from classic wood to trendy James Hardie fiber cement, so you can count on us to answer all of your questions every step of the way.