If you’ve been thinking about doing a major renovation on the exterior of your Carolina home, return on investment has probably been a hot topic of conversation in your household. It can be tough to know exactly how to get the best ROI on a project, especially if this is the first time you’ve taken on a major exterior renovation.
As you read this brief guide, you’ll learn how to make sure you get the most bang for your buck doing if you plan to upgrade the outside of your home with fiber cement siding. This is becoming an increasingly popular cladding material, so you should absolutely consider it next time you decide to do a home update.
- Discover the benefits of fiber cement – If you’re just starting to learn about the perks of fiber cement siding, it’s a good idea to do your research before you commit to the material. There are very few situations, however, in which fiber cement siding isn’t a good idea! This product is flame-resistant, can withstand hurricane-force winds, is more colorfast than vinyl siding, and can be engineered to suit any style of home, whether you live in a classic Colonial or a sleek urban Carolina abode.
- Not all fiber cement siding is created equally – Choosing the right brand of fiber cement cladding is important, as it will impact the overall longevity of the product. The James Hardie Company developed and perfected fiber cement as a siding material, so the Hatch Homes team strongly recommends that homeowners buy from their high-quality line of products.
- Pick the look you want – James Hardie brand fiber cement siding is available in a wide range of textures and styles, including Hardieplank Vertical Siding for a board-and-batten look and trendy Hardishingle Siding for a cedar shingle appearance. Conventional lap siding that mimics the look of today’s vinyl siding boards is also a fiber cement option.
- Choose a color – With over 700 shades to pick from, there’s sure to be a fiber cement siding color that fits perfectly with the vision you have for your home. The only problem with having so many choices is that selecting just one can feel overwhelming! Consulting with a local real estate agent to find out what colors tend to sell well or a designer who understands great color palettes can either one be helpful courses of action.
- Hire a qualified contractor – Picking a trustworthy and skilled North Carolina or South Carolina contractor is the final step in the fiber cement installation prep process. The team at Hatch Homes has experience with fiber cement siding and will hang it perfectly the first time. You don’t have to worry about errors when you choose our crew!
If you are interested in learning more about hiring Hatch Homes to do your upcoming Carolina fiber cement siding job, contact us today. We look forward to providing you with a no-obligation quote. We look forward to helping you understand all of the reasons fiber cement is the right choice for your residence.