The fiber cement siding produced by the James Hardie company is known for strength and durability, which is important to homeowners throughout the Carolinas, from Winston-Salem, NC to Charleston, SC. This region of the country can get some wild weather, so protecting your home with fiber cement siding boards is an amazing idea. As you read on, you will learn more about some of the benefits that this sort of siding, often called Hardieplank siding, has to offer.
- The siding is FEMA approved – The siding boards manufactured by the James Hardie company are now FEMA-certified as being made using “flood resistant materials.” This makes them especially great for families who live in coastal regions or the South Carolina Lowcountry.
- The siding resists strong winds – Unlike vinyl and wood siding, which can both get dented or even rip off during severe windstorms, James Hardie siding stays attached even in hurricane-force windows. Again, this is particularly positive news for Carolina coast homeowners.
- The siding stands-up to humidity – The Carolinas can get humid! Even in the mountains, humidity sometimes spikes during the summer months. Humidity is not good for vinyl siding, as it can ultimately lead to expansion, contraction, and moisture retention that can cause mold. James Hardie siding doesn’t have this problem.
- The siding isn’t attractive to pests – Fiber cement siding isn’t appealing to pests, such as termites, like wood siding is. Because a variety of pests call the Carolinas home, this is a major benefit for homeowners in our entire service area.
- The siding is flame retardant – Vinyl and wood siding can go up in flames quickly should a house fire occur. Fiber cement siding, on the other hand, is fire resistant, which may actually result in lower insurance premiums for your family; it depends on your specific policy.
- The siding is beautiful – Fiber cement siding looks like vinyl or wood siding, depending on which option you choose, and comes in a number of colors. Your home’s curb appeal will instantly skyrocket once it is installed. This will not only make you happier to come home, but may increase your property value.
- The siding requires little upkeep – Wood siding, more than vinyl, requires regular maintenance to stay looking nice. In many cases, it needs to be sealed and treated for bugs and rodents. In all cases, it has to be repainted or re-stained every year or two. This can get tiresome and expensive over time. Fiber cement siding is virtually maintenance-free, which is one of its major selling points.
- The siding is environmentally conscious – Fiber cement siding produced by the James Hardie company is free from asbestos, formaldehyde, glass shards, and other products that could harm the environment. This makes this sort of siding the ideal choice for homeowners who are striving to go green.
If you think fiber cement siding is the perfect choice for your upcoming remodeling job, the team at Hatch Homes would love to hear from you soon. We enjoy installing this type of siding and seeing how it transforms our clients’ homes. We’re excited to meet you and get started on your project as soon as possible.