If you’re unfamiliar with James Hardie brand fiber cement siding, you should spend some time researching the product in-depth when you finish reading this guide. This type of siding is experiencing consistent growth in the residential sector. Homeowners love its many benefits — including the fact that it is flame retardant, termite resistant, colorfast for decades, and resistant to even hurricane-force winds — but what many do not know is that fiber cement siding can also increase home value.
As you look over the remainder of this guide, you’ll discover a few key ways James Hardie fiber cement siding can boost the overall value of your home. If you have specific questions about using fiber cement in your North Carolina or South Carolina zip code, don’t hesitate to talk to a real estate professional who is well-respected in your region. He or she is sure to have good advice about exactly what kind of return-on-investment you can expect from choosing fiber cement cladding where you live.
- Instant curb appeal – Fiber cement siding is incredibly appealing to look at. It gives any home an instant boost in curb appeal. Curb appeal is important for a variety of reasons; it improves your property value, it makes coming home every day more pleasant, and it can help you sell your home for more money if you ever decide to put it on the market.
- Amazing durability – James Hardie brand fiber cement siding is incredibly durable, which automatically increases the value of your home. The more high-quality the construction materials you choose are, the more your property will ultimately be worth it. There are very few things that can destroy fiber cement, and most products come with 30-50 year manufacturer’s warranties.
- Resists hurricane-force winds – Depending on where you live in North Carolina or South Carolina, this particular perk of fiber cement siding could be your first priority. Residents of coastal cities that sometimes get hit by hurricanes prioritize the use of building materials that can withstand extremely high wind speeds. Fiber cement siding falls into this category and is, therefore, the perfect choice for increasing property value on the coast.
- Pest resistant – Pests are another key concern for Carolina homeowners. Ants, termites, woodpeckers, and other insects and vermin all live in the Southeast. Fortunately, fiber cement siding is one of the most pest-resistant materials on the market. Because it is not made of wood, termites and woodpeckers have no interest in it and, due to how tightly each piece interlocks, it is difficult for ants and other small insects to find their way inside a home.
- High ROI – The average return-on-investment nationwide when homeowners choose fiber cement siding is 77%. This is incredibly strong! As stated earlier, talk to a local Carolina real estate professional if you have questions about your specific zip code.
If you are interested in learning more about fiber cement siding, contact the Hatch Homes team to schedule a consultation today.