Whether you are thinking about having a new roof put on your home because it has been decades since you last made this investment or a severe storm has forced you to replace your current roof more quickly than you planned to, finding a skilled and reputable roofing contractor can be a challenging task. Even if you have lived in one area of North Carolina or South Carolina for most of your life, you may not have spent much time learning about the various roofing installers in your region.
That’s where this guide comes in. As you continue reading, you will discover some of the qualities that trustworthy roofing contractors typically have in common. Next time you’re searching for someone to do work on your roof, keep these qualities in mind and you ought to be well on your way to hiring an expert who will provide you with results you’ll be proud to show off to friends and family for years to come.
- Any necessary licenses are up-to-date – Some municipalities within North Carolina and South Carolina require all contractors to carry valid business licenses. Other cities and towns do not require this type of licensure, but reputable contractors often have it anyway. Find out what the regulations are in your area, then search for a contractor who has all of the appropriate, valid licenses that allow him or her to serve clients where you live.
- Proof of valid insurance coverage – Every reputable contractor carries liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. If any of the Carolina contractors you’re considering are hesitant to show you proof of valid insurance coverage, you should quickly move onto another option. Any quality professional will be happy to show his or her insurance card to you.
- Communication is not lacking – When you begin searching for a contractor to handle your upcoming remodeling project, you’ll probably have to leave some messages. You can tell a lot about both individual contractors and contracting companies by how promptly they return your calls. If a particular professional quickly gets back to you while you’re researching various options, you can assume he or she will continue to communicate well during your job. The opposite is also true, so be wary of contractors you have to chase down or play phone tag with.
- There is a portfolio available – High-quality contractors are proud of their work and are generally thrilled to show it off to prospective clients. If any purported professionals you run across lack a portfolio, you should cross them off of your shortlist. Some contractors still maintain physical photo books, but many now post their portfolios online. As you view various galleries, look for projects that are similar to what you’re planning to have done. This will give you some idea of the final outcome of your renovation.
- You receive everything in writing – If a contractor is truly trustworthy, he or she will not hesitate to provide you with everything you discuss in writing. This means you can expect to receive paper copies of any quotes, contracts, and other pertinent documents.
At Hatch Homes, we aim to tick all of these boxes and more. Our team has long been working with homeowners throughout North Carolina and South Carolina and we are proud of the projects we do. If you have any questions regarding our services and how we can assist you with your next residential renovation job, contact our office at your earliest convenience. We are excited to get to know you!