How to Thoroughly Clean Your Home This Summer
Cleaning is an essential part of preparing your home for the long, magical days of summer. While you probably already have a spring cleaning routine you follow every year, there might be certain parts of your North Carolina or South Carolina residence you’ve inadvertently neglected in years past. Here, you’ll discover some helpful tips that will make it easier for you to get your home as thoroughly clean as it can possibly be!
- Light fixtures – It’s easy to gloss over ceiling-mounted light fixtures and table lamps while you do your spring cleaning. Since you use them every day, they might not be in the forefront of your mind as being dirty. Dust and grime can collect on light fixtures, though, so it is important to wipe them down at least once per year, if not more often.
- Doorknobs and cabinet handles – Because doorknobs and cabinet handles are high-touch areas, they can be covered with germs. Wiping them down as part of your annual spring cleaning process is a great way to make sure all of the handles in your home are clean and shiny to start the summer right.
- The tops of your windows – The top sections of window frames are tough to reach, which means they often don’t get thoroughly cleaned more than once or twice a year. Since you’ll probably have a ladder out during your springtime deep cleaning session, it’s the perfect time to dust and disinfect the tops of all of your home’s window frames.
- Bookshelves, knick-knacks, and picture frames – Make sure your spring cleaning checklist includes dusting off all of your home’s bookshelves, knick-knacks, and photographs. All of these things probably have great sentimental meaning to you, so it’s important to keep them clean and tidy!
- Upholstered furnishings – Soft furniture, including living room couches and chairs, draperies, and upholstered headboards, should all be vacuumed or steamed when you do your spring cleaning. This will remove dust mites and dirt that may have built-up over the course of the autumn and winter months.
- Small kitchen appliances – Small, everyday kitchen appliances, such as your toaster oven, microwave, coffee maker, and Instant Pot, may not be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. Wiping them down and disinfecting them while you’re spring cleaning is an excellent idea that will give your whole kitchen a fresh feel.
- Kitchen cabinet interiors – Wipe out the insides of all of your kitchen cabinets and drawers to remove dust and other grime. Even though cabinet interiors may not look dirty, it’s extremely important to clean them well at least once every year.
- Beneath beds – Most people don’t regularly clean underneath their beds. This is a difficult area to reach and, in many cases, it is “out of sight, out of mind.” Vacuuming beneath all of the beds in your house should be a spring cleaning priority.
If you follow these tips, you will be well on your way to having your cleanest house ever when you do your summer cleaning this year. Print this list and keep it with your cleaning supplies so you’ll see it every year when you start getting your Carolina home ready for warm weather fun!