When it comes to any exterior remodeling project, There are a lot of things to consider. A homeowner will not only look at the overall price but also does extensive research to choose will a product that will have a lifetime of value.
James Hardie remains one of the leaders in the fiber cement siding field. The manufacturer not only produces siding but also produces soffits, facia, trim and more. The values you will reach from a James Hardie product are:
1. Climate engineered- James Hardie engineers their products to withstand the specific climate you live in, to ensure you have the best siding and trim in your region.
2. A great warranty- James Hardie has a 30-year, non-prorated warranty on all products and a 15-year, non-prorated warranty for the trim products. What this means is what you pay for the product year 1, does not decrease in value over time and is valued the same at year 30.
3. Long lasting color- Colorplus siding is developed to retain the color of the product and resist against cracking and fading. The color is baked into the product using a poly annealing process.
4. Lowers house insurance- Since the products are non-combustible and designed to be more resistant to hail, you may qualify for a discount with your insurance provider.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, we have vinyl siding. PlyGem Mastic Siding is manufactured to ensure lasting beauty of your home. The array of products, styles, and colors make it possible to achieve the desired look of your home. The values you will receive from a PlyGem Mastic product are:
1. Warranty- PlyGem has a lifetime warranty on most siding products as well as a variety of warranties on all other products they offer.
2. Sustainability – The products are designed to protect the elements from recking havoc on your home.
3. Lasting color- Color is mixed into the product when it is manufactured to give an overall solid look that you just can’t get from painting.
4. Energy efficient – Vinyl siding lowers the cost of electricity bills saving homeowners more money. Vinyl is also a recyclable material which can be reused helping eliminate waste in landfills.
Helpful information and brochures are easily accessible on both James Hardie and PlyGem Mastic websites.
Links to the manufacturer’s websites: