As a homeowner, it’s sometimes easy to neglect the exterior of your house and, instead, focus on making the interior of your home look exactly how you want it to. Over time, however, having an unappealing outdoor space will probably start to wear on you. You might feel sad when you return home and see the state of your house, or you might get embarrassed when you notice people passing by. This guide is designed to help you quickly boost your home’s curb appeal without spending a fortune!
- Redo the stairs – The appearance of the stairs leading to your house can play a big role in the appearance of the property overall. If, for instance, you have concrete steps that are cracked or crumbling, your whole home is likely to look unkempt. Redoing your stairs, perhaps with a sleek varnished wood look, is a great way to bolster curb appeal.
- Get new rails – Outdated railings on your front porch can make your house look outdated and generally sad. Investing in new rails that suit your personal style can change the whole look of your home. Remember, it’s okay to use something that doesn’t entirely suit the age of your house, especially if your interior spaces are quite eclectic. This means you aren’t relegated to wrought iron railings just because you live in a Victorian-era abode.
- Consider a veneer – If you’re trying to stick a budget, but the exterior covering of your home is old and dingy, veneers are probably a good option for you to consider. Brick and stone veneers, in particular, are less costly than the real deal, but look incredible. Veneers are also quite durable and are appropriate for surfaces that can’t handle real stone and brick to their weight.
- Redo your walkway – All too often, sidewalks are the most neglected feature in front lawns. As a matter of fact, some homeowners are so used to seeing their sidewalks every day that they don’t even realize how outdated or crumbling they are. Updating the appearance of your path with flagstone, brick, or unique pavers is a great way to improve the overall look of your house’s exterior.
- Paint can do wonders – This tip is especially pertinent for homeowners whose houses have wood siding or stucco finishes. Both of these materials need to be painted on a regular basis in order to look their best. If it’s been a while since you gave your home a fresh coat of paint, this is the perfect time to hire a painting crew! Picking a brand new paint color is an excellent way to really change the appearance of your residence if you’re looking for a big change.
At Hatch Homes, our team enjoys working on all sorts of exterior remodeling projects, regardless of how big or small they are. If you are thinking about making some changes to boost your home’s curb appeal, we hope you’ll give us a call soon. We would love the opportunity to speak with you about your plans. We’ve been serving families throughout the Carolinas and Virginia for years, and we are excited to meet you soon!