More homeowners than ever are choosing to entertain at home instead of going out. If you’ve been spending more time at your house than ever before, you might be looking for some projects to keep you busy. Updating and upgrading your Carolina home’s outdoor space is one of the best things you can do to pass the time. Every year, new landscaping trends arise.
This guide features the top five landscaping trends you should try right now. Hopefully, these ideas will inspire you to get outside and create the yard you’ve always wanted! Remember, if you need help, there are dozens of professional landscapers who work throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. These experts’ services very well may cost less than you think!
- Make a maintenance effort – Proper maintenance and upkeep is imperative to keeping your yard in the best possible condition. Before you make any changes to your lawn, creating a maintenance schedule you know you can stick is a great idea. This way, the improvements you make won’t start deteriorating because of neglect or improper maintenance.
- Consider deep, cool hues – One major 2020 landscape trend is to use deep, cool hues, such as dark grey rocks, deep brown mulch, and forest green plants. Using this type of color palette will help your home stand out amid other properties that are likely to have bright, colorful lawns with a focus on flowers and, in some parts of the Carolinas, tropical palms.
- Illumination is essential – If your outdoor space is currently lacking adequate lighting, or even if the lights you have are just outdated, adding new fixtures is a great way to elevate the look of your exterior living area. More and more Carolina families are creating outdoor “rooms” that function as extensions of their houses. Choosing light fixtures that are both purposeful, such as pathway lighting, and attractive can help pull together a cohesive look.
- Choose smooth siding – If you really want to overhaul the outside of your North Carolina or South Carolina residence, consider opting for smooth siding. This sleek material has a thin profile without grooves or visible seams in the boards. Smooth siding can be made from various materials, including vinyl and fiber cement.
- Get in your garden – As people strive for more authenticity in their daily lives, gardening is becoming increasingly popular. The more you learn about your lawn and the plants that thrive in your area of the Carolinas, the easier it will be for you to care for your yard without professional assistance. Not only will this save money, but it will give you a new, therapeutic hobby.
Keep in mind that trends come and go, but some of the tips you’ve read here will be worthwhile for the rest of your life. Getting into gardening, for example, is a hobby you can maintain well into your golden years. Furthermore, developing an understanding of your home’s garden can help you better maintain it for years to come.