Impact windows, which are designed to stand-up against serious storms like hurricanes, are extremely popular among families who live on the Gulf Coast and the East Coast. If you’re a coastal Carolinian who doesn’t currently have impact windows, there are a number of excellent reasons to consider them before the next hurricane season arrives. As you read this brief guide, you will discover five of the most important benefits that impact windows can provide.
- Your utility bills will be lower – Impact windows are extremely well-insulated, which makes them ideal for homeowners in the balmy Southeast regardless of whether or not it is hurricane season. Because these windows will keep your home cooler in the summertime and warmer in the winter months, you can expect to enjoy lower utility bills all year long. Your bank account is sure to thank you!
- Your home value will increase – Because impact windows are highly desirable in most Southeastern states, especially along the coast, having them installed in your home is sure to boost its overall value. Even if you don’t have plans to put your residence on the market anytime in the near future, increased home value is always a good thing, particularly if you think you might ever want to take out a home equity loan.
- Unrivaled protection against hurricanes – No matter how many years you’ve lived near the coast of North Carolina or South Carolina, hurricane season can be scary. Knowing your home is protected by impact windows, though, can provide immense peace of mind. All windows that fall into this category undergo rigorous testing to make sure they are capable of withstanding hurricane-force winds. Homeowners often still choose to use plywood or hurricane shutters to heighten the security of impact windows, but this is an option, but not a requirement.
- You’ll notice less noise – This benefit of impact windows can once again be attributed to their exceptional insulation. Due to this, they do not allow very much outside noise into any given home. This is particularly appreciated by parents of young children who still nap and by those who reside in loud neighborhoods where noise pollution is a daily issue. Even if you are simply dealing with construction on your street for a brief period of time, you will come to enjoy the additional noise protection impact windows offer.
- Your insurance may be discounted – Homeowners whose regions are frequently hit by hurricanes often find themselves paying quite a bit more than average for their homeowner’s insurance policies. Installing impact windows, though, is likely to save you some money. Many insurance companies offer discounts to clients who take extra precautions to prevent hurricane damage.
If you are now convinced that impact windows are the right choice for your upcoming window replacement project, give the team at Hatch Homes a call to discuss the job. We take pride in doing all of our jobs right the first time, so you can rest assured that you and your family will be thrilled with your new windows. We offer competitive pricing, and our crew has expertise in installing a variety of window styles.