Very few homeowners manage to go their entire lives without having to have a roof – or two, or three – installed on their homes. If you’ve never been through the roof replacement process before, though, and the time has come for you to have a new roof put on your house, you might be feeling a bit overwhelmed. After all, there are a lot of decisions to make, particularly in the current consumer climate!
Long gone are the days when homeowners simply purchased asphalt shingles without a second thought. In the modern world, there are many different popular roofing materials to choose from, all of which offer their own unique benefits. Metal, for instance, has become much more versatile in recent years, with many homeowners gravitating toward it for residential use due to its long lifespan. Slate tiles are another great option, but they come at a high price and are not affordable on all budgets.
Here, we dive into the top five reasons you should consider investing in a new roof in the near future.
- It will enhance your property’s curb appeal – One of the biggest reasons people have new roofs installed is to enhance curb appeal. Driving home to a house that isn’t aesthetically pleasing every day can be depressing, and many homeowners underestimate the power of a new roof from an aesthetic standpoint. You can dramatically alter the look of your property by changing the color or material of your roof.
- It will increase your property’s value – As a general rule, any key changes you make to the exterior of your home, including a new roof, will only add to your property value. Even if you don’t intend to sell your North Carolina or South Carolina residence anytime in the near future, increased property value is never a bad thing, particularly if you think you might ever want to take out a home equity loan for a major project of some kind.
- It will improve energy efficiency – Now more than ever, homeowners understand the importance of energy efficiency, not only for their bottom line, but for the environment. A new roof will improve your home’s overall energy efficiency and save you money on your utility bills all year round – a true win-win situation!
- It will keep your family comfortable and secure – At the end of the day, a new roof is much more than a roof. It is something that keeps your family safe and secure. When inclement weather strikes, for example, you need to be able to trust your roof to prevent leaks and keep the interior of your house dry. An old, saggy roof can’t do this, but a new, solid one certainly can.
- It will do its job without repairs – If the current roof on your home is older, you may know that it isn’t perfect, but lack the motivation to have it repaired. A new roof, however, will do its job without any repairs, meaning you can trust it to keep your family – and your belongings – secure every day.
If you have questions about roofing material options, or if you’re ready to schedule a free quote for a roof installation, contact the Hatch Homes team today.