Very few homeowners are fully satisfied with their houses. There are typical projects people would like to do to update their spaces to suit modern sensibilities or to make their homes more functional for the lifestyles they lead. Certain remodeling jobs, though, are more lucrative than others in the long run. If you are trying to make sure you get the most bang for your buck when you renovate, this guide is sure to help you. In the next section, you will discover a selection of remodeling jobs that are sure to increase your home’s value, no matter where in the Carolinas you reside.
- Invest in a steel front door – If your home’s current entry door is old and outdated, replacing it with a steel model is a sure way to improve curb appeal and increase overall value. Steel doors also add security, which will give you peace of mind. The average cost of a steel entry door is about $1,250 and, if you sell your home, you should recoup approximately $1,215 of your original expenditure for a return of 98%.
- Install vinyl siding – Whether your house currently has older vinyl siding or has original wood siding that has never been replaced, having new, energy efficient vinyl siding installed is an excellent remodeling project to invest in. In most cases, an average-sized house can be completely recovered for about $10,908, with around $8,920, or 81%, recouped upon resale.
- Install fiber cement siding – In recent years, fiber cement siding has surged in popularity due to its surprisingly affordable price point and overall durability. It also has an excellent return on investment. It typically costs about $13,500 to cover an average-sized American home with fiber cement siding and homeowners are usually able to recoup about $10,700, or 79%, of their initial payment.
- Create a usable attic – In the United States, most families are constantly on the lookout for ways to gain more interior square footage. Creating an attic bedroom, playroom, or rec room is an excellent way to do this. The median price of a complete attic overhaul is $53,780 and, if you choose to sell, you are likely to recoup $39,200 of that expense for a payback of 73%.
- Update your kitchen – You’ve probably heard before that if you are going to remodel just one room of your house, it should be the kitchen. This is because kitchens are the heart of the home and, therefore, have a high return on investment. A minor kitchen renovation is likely to cost you in the range of $22,000 with a 72% return of about $16,000. A major kitchen renovation, on the other hand, averages a pricey $59,900 with a 67% return of approximately $39,900.
If you are thinking about doing these, or any other, remodeling projects in the near future, the team at Hatch Homes would love to hear from you. We take great pride in helping our clients create their dream homes throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. Give us a call today to find out if the renovations you have in mind suit our team’s skills. We look forward to meeting you soon!