As a homeowner, increasing your property value is never a bad thing, even if you plan to stay in your home for decades. If you ever need a home equity loan to do a big renovation project, for example, the more your home is worth, the more money you’re likely to qualify to borrow. But, figuring out exactly how to increase your home value can be tough.
One excellent option is to have fiber cement siding installed. Made by the James Hardie Company, fiber cement has been gaining popularity with homeowners all over the United States in recent years. Because this siding material offers extreme durability combined with beautiful aesthetics, it can increase property value all on its own. Below, you’ll discover just a few of the reasons why.
- Unmatched curb appeal – As you just learned, fiber cement siding is beautifully designed, instantly improving your home’s curb appeal. There are numerous James Hardie brand product lines, each designed with different tastes in mind. Whether you want the look of rustic wood shakes without the upkeep or you are looking for something sleek and modern, there is a fiber cement style for you.
- Unrivaled durability – Fiber cement siding is made from a mixture of cement, cellulose, sand, and water. This combination is incredibly strong, offering an unrivaled level of durability. Homeowners who live in hurricane-prone regions like the Outer Banks, for example, can rest assured that fiber cement siding will resist hurricane-force gales.
- Doesn’t succumb to pests – Southeastern states like North Carolina and South Carolina often have numerous pests due to their temperate weather. Among these are birds like woodpeckers, insects like termites, and vermin like mice. One huge benefit of fiber cement is that it does not succumb to pests of any kind, keeping your home free from infestations.
- Fire resistant – Housefires are a concern no matter where you live, since they can be sparked by electrical issues, cooking accidents, and a variety of other issues. Fiber cement siding is fire resistant, which makes it the perfect choice for homeowners who prioritize fire safety.
- Requires low maintenance – Fiber cement siding requires very little maintenance, which is a huge win for homeowners. Generally, all it needs is an annual power washing to stay in great shape for years. This means you won’t have to spend much time at all doing upkeep on the exterior of your home, at least in regard to your siding.
- Eco-friendly – Because James Hardie siding is rated to last for 50 or more years, it rarely needs to be replaced. This makes it extremely eco-friendly because siding installation projects actually generate a great deal of waste.
If you are interested in purchasing fiber cement siding for your home, contact Hatch Homes today for a free quote and to learn more about the James Hardie Company’s product lines, which range from sleek, modern panels that are perfect for contemporary houses to shakes and boards that are crafted using molds made from real wood.