Wood has been the material of choice in construction since the beginning of time. The reason for this is that it is commonly found in most states and is also a very workable product. Through the creation of vinyl and other composite products available, wood still comes out on top with homeowners. However, like other products in the construction industry, they also have their pros and cons and being able to understand them will be beneficial to you in the long run.
- The appearance of wood is like no other product. It is unique in that every piece cut will have a different pattern or look to it.
- Very customizable and easy to change the look with different colors of stains or even paint.
- Wood is also great for not only the exterior appearance of your house but also the interior appearance as well.
- Maintenance is one of the drawbacks of having wood windows.
- Unlike vinyl products wood is not resistant to insects, cracking or wood rot.
- Although wood can be a great insulator, over time, the product tends to break down which also causes your energy bills to go up.
Now that you have a few of the essentials to go off of now it is up to you as the homeowner to make the final decision that is best for you and the longevity of your home.
For more information on what styles of windows hatch Holmes has to offer call one of our members of the team today.